Friday, April 6, 2007

City Girl

The city is not the friendliest place for dogs but occasionally the shorter half of my team of chauffeurs will take me for a rebellious run on a golf course.



The problem with big cities is that all the trails surrounding them don't seem to allow dogs so my mom gets to eat all the gross stuff that I would usually find, like banana slugs... I think she ran out of GU on this ride outside of Redwood City CA. They told me it was uphill both ways! HOW FUN!



Luckily, after leaving So-Cal, we spent a night in Kernville and played in the river! It made up for all the time stuck in traffic.



I did get to go on this ride in Pacifica CA but after I ran through piles of poison oak, my people stuck me in the car for the second lap. It was full of fun kickers, and fast bermed turns... I had no choice but to run through the Poison Oak so they wouldn't land on me.



Something about muscle beach...



We headed over to Oakland CA after galavanting around the South side of the Bay Area for a week of working with local land managers, cycling clubs and trail users to talk about access issues and show them how to build some sweet single track. In return they showed us how to ride up some STEEP fire roads. My peeps also got to go for an incredible ride in Tamirancho, miles of swoopy single track in Marin County.



which included some nice breaks...



As we left the Bay Area I kept thinking I smelled something familiar and then I saw this huge white mountain that I recognized... we were going home (kind of)! Technically we were home because we live in the car but we seemed to be going to my grandogma's house where I would surely be spoiled and taken for lots of runs in the woods, get to play in the yard, chase squirrels and harass chickens. Mount Shasta is like Disney Land for dogs and my people seem to feel the same way about it.

1 comment:

Irishdee said...

Hi there Jason, Its your Aunt Dee, down in California. Love your Blog. Wish you had looked me up when you were in Marin County. Would have come to see you. Sounds like you are having lots of fun.
Very interesting. I did a Blog a year ago when I had a flood at my cabin. Good luck, Aunt DEE