Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Hangin with my homies

It wasn't too long ago that I decided I had no patience for those really tiny people that fall somewhere between puppies and people. Despite the fact that occasionally they smelled like something I'd like to roll in, I didn't appreciate their unpredictability and seeming lack of regard for personal space or the incredibly strong attachment that my fur has to my skin. That was before I met the Shays kids and realized I was way off on my initial assessment of super tiny people. First off, once my peeps made it clear that my bed was off limits, at least I had a hiding place. And once I discovered how terrible those little people were at getting food into their mouths and how much of that food ended up on their faces, clothes and the floor I quicky realized that they where WAY better to stick with than big people and now I'm their biggest fan. As long as they stay off my bed. Really, we've got the same basic priorities. Food, snuggles, playing, dirt, food, attention, food and food. I'm not sure how good they are at swimming yet but I have confidence that we've probably got that in common too. So I guess you CAN teach an old dog new tricks... If said tricks are cognizant of old dogs physical boundaries and are usually covered in the remnants of their last meal.







1 comment:

DL said...

Great photos (and story), Mox. Now that you've conquered kids, I'm wondering how it goes with dauchshunds?