Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Nnnneeebbrrrraassskkkaaaa is a long state

It always seems like they wait until I'm dreaming about bunnies and then, mid chase, they pull into a rest stop and wake me up. I can never catch those freaking bunnies! While I do miss out on the floppy eared fur balls, at least I get to hop out and stretch, sniff, drink some water and pee in another new state. I wonder how many big dogs have been to 33 states? We always see those little dogs bouncing in the front windows of RVs like fluffy pogo sticks but it's rare to find any big dogs to play with at the ever so popular truck stops along I-80.


Our last night in the mountains was spent on Donner Lake kickin it on "the hidden dock", a staple location for any Truckee grown person and a great place to relax after a shuttle ride on the classic Downieville Down Hill.



So here we are, back on the East Coast and transitioning back into the world of trails and traveling. I suppose we never really stopped traveling during our time off but we were home! It was hard for all three of us to watch the North West melt into the Nevada Desert which morphed into the expanses of corn in Nebraska which, after a really really long time finally turned into the hills of upstate New York. Now we're in Maine on the coast enjoying beautiful views of the Atlantic, great people, good food, and plenty of salt water stick fetching. It's good to be back at work but we're all suffering from a little extra homesickness.

It was great to see you all!

No comments: