Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Jinggangshan

The tallest guy in China is one of the peeps' coworkers, Chris. He's 6'7"ish and he's been working on developing some new mountain bike projects in China. It seems he's been lonely hanging out at such high altitudes as the average male height in China is 5'4.9" so he's recruited Jason to join him for a month of trail building and bike park design in Jinggangshan. Awesome deal for Jason! Not so awesome for the short one and significantly less awesome for me. The tall one's absence poses a few major issues for me, all related to food.

1. He is the only one who feeds me people food
2. He wakes up earlier than the short one and feeds me first thing
3. He is a sucker

So now not only will my access to bacon, broccoli and sweet potatoes be significantly reduced, I will also have to wait an extra 20 minutes or so for breakfast and have to work a lot harder for treats. I'm contemplated stowing away in one of his bags but I've heard some strange rumors about what some people in other countries consider to be edible and fear I might end up on the menu... or maybe that's just in Canada? If I decide to stick around and keep the short one company (while slowly starving to death) please come visit and feed me. I suppose she'd be stoked on some human interaction too as she tends to have creepy cat lady tendencies when left on her own for too long and we don't need any cats. 

Here are some photos I stole from the internet that are supposed to be of Jinggangshan. Looks pretty cool!




2 comments:

DL said...

Ah, Moxy. I, too have heard about certain preferences and (ahem) it's apparently BLACK dogs that are "the best". NOT in Canada (who told you THAT?!).

You could always hang out with the short one's brother -- he's a sucker, too, and sure to come thru with some special treats. Although, that would require enduring the enthusiasms of you-know-who.

Moxy (the wiggly one) and her people, Anna and Jason said...

Good point... So, the Canada thing is yet another human lie used to justify leaving me home on Whistler trips? This is not cool. I'm going to go puke on that nice wool rug in the living room.